MacBook Pro battery life is actually more than enough to have. Apple already prepares for the most possibilities while assembling the battery to the laptop. However, you may need to apply several strategies to keep it works that awesome. The following tips should be helpful in extending your battery life.
How to extend MacBook Pro battery life
- Use MacBook Pro Software Update
Yes, Apple gives update on particular software to keep the battery life excellent. To access it, you only need to click on Apple and select Software Update to get new patches and upgrade.
- Use Energy Saver Option
On Apple menu, you will find System Preferences. Select it. In there you will find Energy Saver option. It is available on many ways like turning your display off after several minutes, dimming your display slightly, and other options.
- Turn Off Unnecessary Features
There are several features that you don’t have to turn on while you are working with your laptop. For example, turn off your Bluetooth once you are done. If you don’t need the WiFi connection turn it off.
- Unattached Unnecessary Devices
It is common to attach many other devices to our laptop while working. Unplug them all when you don’t need it. It should extend your battery life.
- Ejecting the CD or DVD
It needs more power to process CD or DVD, so ejecting them from your laptop should help. If it is on extended drive, unplug the drive once you are done.
How to monitor health status of your MacBook battery
To monitor the status of your MacBook Pro battery, click the battery icon on the menu bar. You will see one of four statuses:
- Normal: The battery is functioning normally.
- Replace Soon: The battery is functioning normally but is less charge than it did when it was new.
- Replace Now: The battery is functioning normally but is significantly less charge than it did when it was new. You can continue to use the battery till you replace it without wrecking your laptop.
- Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally, and you may not notice a variation in its behavior or the volume of charge it holds. Take your Macbook in for service. You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer.
Sometimes, we do unnecessary things and forget to turn off the features while working with the laptop. Avoid this if it is possible. It should save some energy from your laptop and it should naturally extend your MacBook Pro battery life.